Regional, national and international banks manage and operate branches, offices, and other facilities across large geographic areas, requiring coordination of human resources, facilities, and technologies, particularly as an outcome of acquiring or merging with other banks.
Most banks manage their physical security and handle crisis management from an operational risk and security division, and their information security and cyber emergency response from their technology division, which discourages collaboration, cooperation, threat transparency, regulatory compliance, and the development of unified response protocols.
With the rise of digital cyber-crime, external and internal fraud, business disruptions, weather, and fire events – banks need to enhance their crisis management response, resiliency, governance, and business continuity capabilities.
Banks are also facing new national and international regulations, such as GDPR, FACTA, FinCEN, GLBA, and others, each of which requires regulatory compliance strategies and tools.
THE SOLUTION OCTOPUS SECURITY FUSION CENTER:
OCTOPUS SECURITY INTEGRATIONS:
A converged and unified security management platform that consolidates all the banks physical and cyber security systems, operations, response procedures, and governance.
An advanced integrations’ rule engine for correlating cybersecurity with physical security to detect possible insider threats.
Machine learning for trends, predictions, and abnormal event detection.
Advanced incident management system for call taking, SLA times, response automation, and messaging.
The control center software system manages 4 desks:
1. Physical Security
2. Cyber Security
3. Technical support
4. lnternal Fraud
integration to 30 sub-systems such as:
1. Access control
2. Surveillance cameras
3. Video analytics
4. Fire alarm
5. lntrusion alarm
6. ATM systems
7. Vaults and safes
8. Parking systems
9. Visitor systems
11. Radio communication
12. IP Telephony and lntercom
13. NOC SCOM system
14. Active Directory
16. ArcSight logger
17. Domain Protection
18. Cyber big data system
19. Fraud detection system
20. Mail servers
Octopus provided a Unified communications system for SOC’s desks call taking:
1. lntegration to IP PBX
2. lnterface for call taking
3. Call metrics – active operators, call wait time, SLA, etc.
4. Assign work station to security role type
5. Audio recording
OCTOPUS SECURITY FUSION CENTER MODULES:
1. Open architecture integrations API server.
2. Unified security dashboard
3. Device control module
4. Smart rule engine and automation module
5. Global GIS system with all the
6. sites’ floor plans
7. lncident management system
8. Standard operation procedure
9. system (SOP) with work-flows
10. Unified communications
11. system and call taking
12. Video management system
13. Mobile application platform
14. External threat and
15. intelligence module
16. Mass notifications via emails
17. and SMS
18. Human resource
19. management for all security
21. Site management
22. Vendor management module
23. Managers dashboard with SLA’s for incidents, equipment, calls, etc.
24. Business lntelligence (BI) system for reports, trend analysis, machine learning, and predictions.
25. User authentication system with single sign-on and onetime password
OCTOPUS SECURITY FUSION CENTER IM PLEMENTATION ROI AND BENEFITS:
• One state of the art new SOC consolidating all security response
• AII systems are integrated and can now be managed from one system
• A unified system for response protocols, resiliency, and governance
• lmproved response time by 30%
• Reduced insider-threat risk for security and fraud by 25%.
• lncreased collaboration and threat sharing between physical security staff and cyber security staff by 50%
• Provide better insight and analysis into security patterns, trends, and threats.
• Render disparate and obsolete security systems unnecessary – saving $200k per year
• Can save over $250k a year in operational and man-power costs
• Expected reduction in true incidents by 30% and reduction of incident related by $300k annually